Σάββατο 24 Σεπτεμβρίου 2011

Silent key o VK2GJM



It is my sad duty to inform you of the tragic death of Jim "The Godfather" VK2GJM at 74 years of age,on 22 September 2011 at 8pm.
 
Jim and I where working on his tower on Saturday afternoon on a flat roof at his home when Jim some how slipped and went over the side of the roof and feel head first onto concrete 3-4 mtrs down.
 
I loved Jimmy like my Dad and enjoyed the past 20 years with him and all the great times I had with him . Jim and I had a dream for years of starting a Hellenic Amateur Radio club and he was so very proud of the fact I was so passionate about my heritage and wanted to do it .
 
We formed HARAOA some years ago and invited  friends to join us and he was so happy coming to all club meetings and club BBQ and contesting.
 Jim was part of the 15 operators who went to Montague Island this year and there is some you tube of Jim working some stations and trying to get his head around a new program N1MM lol.
 
 
I have spent the last 3 days at the hospital by his side and I am sure we will all miss him very very much .
Jim is survived by Maria his wife and there grandson Jamie.
        
Kind Regards
 
Tommy Horozakis - VK2IR / SV0XBF
 
 
 
Founder & Club President
           Hellenic Amateur Radio Association Of Australia
           PO Box 13
           San Souci, NSW 2219
        Australia